1. What is Paul McCartney’s middle name?
His middle name is… Paul! His full name is James Paul McCartney.
2. One single that was released by the Beatles in the U.S. was unique in that neither side was a Lennon/McCartney composition. What was it?
Matchbox (Carl Perkins)/Slow Down (Larry Williams)
Capitol Records, August 24, 1964
3. Only one Beatles song was credited as having been written by all four Beatles. What was it?
Magical Mystery Tour
4. Only one Beatles song was credited as having been written by three of the four Beatles. What was it?
What Goes On (Lennon-McCartney-Starkey)
5. Which Beatles song featured only two of the Beatles doing all the vocals and playing all the instruments?
The Ballad of John and Yoko (see here)
Update: An astute reader pointed out that there’s alternate answer for Question #3, Free as a Bird. When I wrote the question, I was thinking of the original Beatles albums that were released prior to the group’s breakup, beginning with Please Please Me and ending with Let It Be. Free as a Bird was created in conjunction with the Beatles Anthology, a project that included a TV show, a coffee table book, and a three-album set released in 1995. Even though it was released twenty-five years after the band’s demise and fifteen years after John Lennon’s assassination, it certainly qualifies as a legitimate Beatles release and is an entirely acceptable answer to the question. Read the fascinating story of Free as a Bird here.